Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting My Feet Wet

Well it's been a long wait and taken a lot of patience but it has paid off. For years now I've wondered when this opportunity would come. In my heart I knew God has called me to be a
mouthpiece for Him but I never thought I would see the day. I dreamed about it; probably
preached a hundred sermons in my head but what I experienced was nothing what I expected.
To be honest, when I spoke for the first time in a church setting Sunday night it was down right hard and when it was all said and done I didn't have goose
bumps or float on a cloud to my car, I was slap exhausted. I appreciate our pastors and other
pastors now more than ever. They speak several times a week and honestly I don't see how
they do it. I'm glad I don't have to do it every week. Well, that night I talked about fear and I had one point which was DO IT AFRAID! WOW, was I living that out on stage. If the students didn't take anything home that night I wanted them to remember to do it afraid. I kept saying it over and over again. When I left Sunday night I didn't know if I had made an impact, a difference, was anyone going to change. Well the next day I went to an outreach with the church and this girl came up to me and said, "hey, I put it as my myspace headliner, do it afraid." That one person telling me that made it all worth it. I knew if I only impacted that one girl it was worth it. Well thanks for your prayers to all you who have been praying for me. God answered them more than you know.

3 comments:

JordanGautreau said...

awesome awesome...way to man up :P

Logan said...

Congratulations Bro. It's always a humble blessing to be the tool he picks in out of the bag. So where's the YouTube broadcast of this sermon...

I hope I can sit in out the next one. GOD Bless my Brother!

Amy said...

Awesome. Its always amazing when God uses us, and it is definetly Him. I had a similar experience Sunday