Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

So today is supposed to be some creepy, scary day where guys in hockey mask jump from behind the bushes and cuts half your finger off and then you get some weird nickname like 4.5. OK that's just plain silly, but on a serious note today was a memorial day for me. On a day when people talk about bad luck and getting chased down by Jason (not you Mr. Guidry, the guy with the hockey mask) I took probably the biggest step of faith I've ever taken in my life. Today I turned in my elevate application and turned in my resignation at AT&T. Today I began the journey that I've always dreamed of. I'm following the heart of God, even when it doesn't make sense, even when people tell you don't leave your comfort and security, even when I don't know what the future holds, He does!!! Leaving the comfort of my job and chasing something that I can't see right now is probably the craziest thing I've done up to this point in my life (there will be crazier don't worry) yet I have never had this much peace, joy, fulfillment in all my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if God has put something in your heart to do, do it. Don't let anything stand in your way. Don't let doubt, uncertainty, worry, etc. stand in the way of the things God is trying to do in and through you. Some of the biggest regrets we will have in life are not the things we did (like beating the guy up in 7th grade) but it will be the things we didn't do because of fear, doubt, etc. It will be the job we didn't take because we were comfortable where we were, it will be the sport we didn't try out for because we were afraid we wouldn't make the team, it will be the college we didn't go to because we were afraid to be that far from home, it will be the mission trip we didn't go on becasue we were scared we couldn't raise the money or we thought we weren't going to be able to handle what we saw, it will be the person you didn't tell about Christ becasue you were afraid what they would think of you. Let us live our lives with NO REGRETS!!!! Let's leave it all on the table and if we mess up so what, we'll get it right eventually. Let us be submerged (see other post below). Let us live life: NO REGRETS!!!!

3 comments:

JordanGautreau said...

Awesome post my brother...and that book is an awesome read...

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

That is incredible! It's so awesome to look and see that you're right where God wants you to be and feel so confident that God is in control of everything you don't understand. I'm so happy you've made that step of faith and I hope God gives me the strength to step out like that one day. See ya soon!

Jake said...

Thats awesome dude, i cant wait to see what God is gonna do for you and through you in elevate.