Tuesday, February 26, 2008

AMPLIFIED AND CAFETERIA TABLES



What an incredible weekend we just had at amplified. This is our in house student retreat where students stay at host homes all weekend and attend services and outreach throughout the weekend. This one was extra special. Our student ministry did their first CD recording this weekend. It was amazing. It blows me away to hear the worship music coming out of this house by young men and women. They poured out everything they had and God poured out even more. We saw young men and women come to Christ, addictions broken, and lives changed. It is amazing to see how young people can raise the passion and excitement in us older folks lives. When I get around them I am encouraged to jump higher and bow lower. I feel free to worship Christ with everything I have. After service on Saturday about 40 students went out back to the lake to get baptized. It was freezing outside and the lake is nasty but the students don't care, they just want to be obedient. This weekend has started a fire in them that I pray can't be quenched. One of the students went to school today and got on his cafeteria table and said he was going public and started sharing about Christ. The principal told him he couldn't talk about Christ in public which is a bunch of bull. I told him start preaching everyday. I was so fired up. If your reading this and your a student let me say it is YOUR RIGHT to talk about Christ in schoo. They can't stop you. I can't go in a school and share Christ in public but you can. You are the ambassadors for Christ at your school and don't let anyone tell you to be quiet. Shout it to the rooftop. Everything else is let in schools but Christ isn't, NO NO NO! We will proclaim His Name, His Truth, His Word no matter the cost. Well I'm off my soap box. Peace!

1 comment:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

I totally agree!!! I think that if I can go to school and see the horrible stuff I see everyday then we can tell EVERYONE about Christ at school. I'm so proud of Matt.