Friday, June 22, 2007

E.R.

Well this week has been a very strange week for me. For those of you who don't know Monday night was spent with severe pain in my stomach. I couldn't sleep all night, and everything I had eaten was coming back to visit. I tried to make it to the doctor's office Tuesday but realized it would be a lost cause so I went straight to the emergency room. By the time I got there I was in such pain I couldn't walk or do anything. They brought me in and wanted me to fill out some paper work. YEAH RIGHT!!! I told them forget the paper work I need some pain medicine NOW!!! Needless to say I've spent the last 3 days in the hospital. Turns out my chron's disease had flared up and that is what was causing the severe pain. Chron's disease is an intestinal disease. About 10 inches of my small intestine is infected and when it flares up it basically closes and nothing can pass through and believe me it hurts B-A-D. It hasn't flared up in almost 13 years and I don't know why it decided to flare up now. This was extremely hard for me because I like to go, go, go. I'm always going 90 to nothing so for me to have to sit in a bed for three days was horrible, but it was also great because I really got a chance to get things back into perspective. When you live life in the fast lane usually the first thing that you start compromising is your time with God. Yeah I still had it but I did it like every thing else, RUSHED!! It wasn't quality it was quantity. It was a thing to do on my list and I just had to make sure it had a check by it. I pray through this experience I will learn to value my time with God. Make it be intimate and not instant. Thanks to all of you who have been prayin for me. I'm doing well and looking forward to an awesome time at Submerge next week.

2 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

Hey dude, we prayed for you last night at Laser Tag. Read my blog to hear about it.

-Jason

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

I'm so glad you're felling better. We missed you on Thursday. The power of prayer in healing is awesome.
-Alex Pilgrim